人生感悟人生哲理思想思维为人处世人生随笔
返回首页

世界上最美丽的英文——人生短篇(3)

来源: www.yIqig.com 时间:2010-07-07 编辑: 人生感悟
世界上最美丽的英文——人生短篇(3)
年轻人不相信自已会死。这是我哥哥的话,可算得一句妙语。青春有一种永生之感——它能弥补一切。人在青年时代好像一尊永生的神明。诚然,生命的一半已以消逝,但蕴藏着不尽财富的另一半还有所保留,我们对它也抱着无穷的希望和。未来的时代完全属于我们——
The vast,the unbounded prospect lies before us.
无限辽阔的远景在我们面前展现
Death.old age.are words without a meaning.that pass by us like the idea air which we regard not.Others may have undergone,or may still be liable to them-we "bear a charmed life",which laughs to scorn all such sickly fancies.As in setting out on delightful journey,we strain our eager gaze forward-
死亡,老年,不过是空话,毫无意义;我们听了,只耳边风,全不放在心上。这些事,别人也许经历过,或者可能要承受,但是我们自己,“在灵符护佑下度日”,对于诸如此类脆弱的念头,统统付之轻蔑的一笑。像是刚刚走上愉快的旅程,极目远眺——
Bidding the lovely scenes at distance hail!
向远方的美景欢呼!

-and see no end to the landscape,new objects presenting themselves as we advance;so,in the commencement of life,we set no bounds to our inclinations.nor to the unrestricted opportunities of grastifying them.we have as yet found no obstacle,no disposition to flag;and it seems that we can go on so forever.We look round in a new world,full of life,and motion,and ceaseless progress;and feel in ourselves all the vigour and spirit to keep pace with it,and do not foresee from any present symptoms how we shall be left behind in the natural course of things,decline into old age,and drop into the grave.It is the simplicity,and as it were abstractedness of our feelings in youth,that(so to speak)identifies us with nature ,and(our experience being slight and our passions strong)deludes us into a belief of being immortal like it.Our short-lives connexion with existence we fondly flatter ourselves,is an indissoluble and lasting union-a honeymoon that knows neither coldness,jar,nor separation.As infants smile and sleep,we are rocked in the cradle of our wayward fancies,and lulled into security by the roar of the universe around us0we quaff the cup of life with eager haste without draining it,instead of which it only overflows the
more-objects press around us,filling the mind with their magnitude and with the strong of desires that wait upon them,so that we have no room for the thoughts of death.

此时,但觉好风光应接不暇,而且,前程更有美不胜收的新鲜景致。在这生活的开端,我们听任自己的志趣驰骋,放手给它们一切的机会。到此为止,我们还没有碰上过什么障碍,也没有到什么疲惫,因此觉得还可以一直这样向前走去,直到永远。我们看到四周一派新天地——生机盎然,变动不居,日新月异;我们觉得自己活力充盈,精神饱满,可与宇宙并驾齐驱。而且,眼前也无任何迹象可以证明,在大自然的发展过程中,我们自己也会落伍,衰老,进入坟墓。由于年轻人天真单纯,可以说是茫然无知,因而将自己跟大自然划上等号;并且,由于经验少而盛,误以为自己也能和大自然一样永世长存。我们一厢情愿,痴心妄想,竟把自己在世上的暂时栖身,当作千古不变、万事长存的结合,好像没有冷淡、争执、离别的密月。像婴儿带着微笑入睡,我们躺在用自己编织成的摇篮里,让大千世界的万籁之声催哄我们安然入梦;我们急切切,兴冲冲地畅饮生命之杯,怎么也不会饮干,反而好像永远是满满欲溢;森罗万象纷至沓来,各种随之而生,使我们腾不出工夫想死亡。


第十一篇:
A Forever Friend
永远的朋友

"A friend walk in when the rest of the world walks out."
"别人都走开的时候,朋友仍与你在一起。”

Sometimes in life,
有时候在生活中,

You find a special friend;
你会找到一个特别的朋友;

Someone who changes your life just by being part of it.
他只是你生活中的一部分内容,却能你整个的生活。

Someone who makes you laugh until you can\'t stop;
他会把你逗得开怀大笑;

Someone who makes you believe that there really is good in the world.
他会让你相信人间有真情。

Someone who convinces you that there really is an unlocked door just waiting for you to open it
他会让你确信,真的有一扇不加锁的门,在等待着你去开启。

This is Forever Friendship.
这就是永远的。

when you\'re down,
当你失意,

and the world seems dark and empty,
当世界变得黯淡与空虚,

Your forever friend lifts you up in spirits and makes that dark and empty world
suddenly seem bright and full.
你真正的朋友会让你振作起来,原本黯淡、空虚的世界顿时变得明亮和。

Your forever friend gets you through the hard times,the sad times,and the confused times.
你真正的朋友会与你一同度过困难、伤心和烦恼的时刻。
If you turn and walk away,
你转身走开时,

Your forever friend follows,
真正的朋友会紧紧相随,

If you lose you way,
你迷失方向时,

Your forever friend guides you and cheers you on.
真正的朋友会引导你,你。

Your forever friend holds your hand and tells you that everything is going to be okay.
真正的朋友会握着你的手,告诉你一切都会好起来的。

And if you find such a friend,
如果你找到了这样的朋友,

You feel happy and complete,
你会快乐,觉得人生完整,

Because you need not worry,
因为你无需再忧虑。

Your have a forever friend for life,
你拥有了一个真正的朋友,

And forever has no end.
永永远远,永无止境。


第十二篇:
The Cobbler and the banker
La Fontaine/拉.封丹
皮匠和银行家

A cobbler passed his time in singing from morning till night;it was wonderful to see,wonderful to hear him;he was more contented in shoes,than was any of the seven sages.His neighbor,on the contrary,who was rolling in wealth,sung but little and slept less.He was a banker;when by chance he fell into a doze at day-break,the cobbler awoke him with his song.The banker complained sadly that Providence had not made sleep a saleable commodity,like edibles or drinkables.Having at length sent for the songster,he said to him,"How much a year do you earn,Master Gregory?"
"How much a year,sir?"said the merry cobbler laughing,"I have reckon in that way,living as I do from one day to another;somehow I manage to reach the end of the year;each day brings its meal."
"Well then!How much a day do you earn,my friend?"
"Sometimes more,sometimes less;but the worst of it is,-and,without that our earnings would be very tolerable,-a number of days occur in the year on which we are forbidden to work;and the curate,moreover,is constantly adding some new saint to the list."
The banker,laughing at his simplicity,said,"In the future I shall place you above want.Take this hundred crowns,preserve them carefully,and make use of them in time of need." The cobbler fancied he beheld all the wealth which the earth had produced in the past century for the use of mankind.Returning home,he buried his money and his happiness at the same time,No more singin;he lost his voice,the moment he acquired that which is the source of so much grief.Sleep quitted his dwelling;and cares,suspicions,and false alarms took its place,All day,his eye wandered in the direction of his treasure;and at night,if some stray cat made a noise,the cat was robbing him.At length the poor man ran to the house of his rich neighbor;"Give my back." said he,"sleep and my voice,and take your hundred crowns."
一个皮匠从早到晚在唱歌中度过。无论见到他本人或听见他的歌声都使人觉得很愉快。他对于制鞋工作比当上了希腊七对还要。与此相反,他的邻居是个银行家,拥有万贯家财,却很少唱歌,晚上也睡得不好。他偶尔在黎明时分迷迷糊糊刚入睡,皮匠的歌声便于工作把他吵醒了。银行家郁郁寡欢地抱怨上帝没有睡眠也制成一种像食品或饮料那样可以买卖的商品。后来,银行家就叫人把这位歌手请来,问道:“格列戈里师傅,你一年赚多少钱?”“先生,你问我一年赚多少钱吗?”快乐的皮匠笑道:“我从来不算这笔帐,我是一天一天地过日子,总而言之坚持到年底,每天挣足三餐。”
“啊,朋友,那么你一天赚多少钱呢?”
“有时多一点,有时少一点;不过最糟糕的是一年中总有些日子不准我们做买卖,牧师又常常在圣徒名单上添新名字,否则我们的收入也还算不错的。”银行家被皮匠的直率逗笑了,他说:“我要你从今以后不愁没钱用。这一百枚钱你拿去,小心放好,需要时拿来用吧。”皮匠觉自己好像看到了过去几百年来大地为人类所需而制造出来的全部财富。他回到家中,埋藏好硬币,同时也埋葬了他的快乐。他不再唱歌了;从他得到这种痛苦的根源那一刻起,他的嗓子就哑了。睡眠与他分手;取而代之的却是担心、怀疑、虚惊。白天,他的目光尽朝埋藏硬币的方向望;夜间,如果有只迷途的猫弄出一点声响,他就以为是有人来抢他的钱。最后,这个可怜的皮匠跑到他那富有的邻居家里说:“把你的一百枚钱拿回去,还我的睡眠和歌声来。”